It is commonly found that there are maximum complaints after the Physics Exam. What could be the reason?
The fact is that there are students scoring 100% even in this “reportedly toughest ” question papers.
CBSE is also getting the questions prepared by Professors who are actively involved in text book preparations and with many years of experience. CBSE follow a standardized pattern for question papers too.
Even then after the Physics examination there is an uproar and requests are received from various parts regarding the faults and toughness of the question paper. The other subjects are not like this.
(See the posts http://plustwophysics.com/how-was-the-cbse-plustwo-physics-question-paper-aissce-2011/ and http://plustwophysics.com/how-was-the-cbse-physics-exam-2012/ and http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-06/board-exams/31126870_1_physics-paper-application-based-questions-bloom-public-school )
- Is this because the Physics is not taught the way it should be?
Many educational institutions are coming up every year. There is a scarcity of teachers, especially in Physics. Some are taking the job just as a means to earn income. Many do not know and follow the pattern of CBSE but some how they manage to complete the portions.
In many schools, other refresher books are followed instead of the NCERT Text book. This creates lot of problems. The CBSE question paper is set based on the data given in NCERT Text book. If there is a confusion, what is given in NCERT text book will get weightage.
- Or is it because the students are more after the competitive exams and they start capsulizing things without understanding the concepts?
Such students solve the numerical problems excellently but fail to solve understanding and skill based questions. The style of presentation is also very important.
Now, it has become important to understand the concept and follow the textbook thoroughly to get admission to IITs and other courses as they have started counting the marks scored in Exams too.
Or, are there some other problems which make Physics exam difficult year after year. Come on let’s discuss…..
- AISSCE 2012 PHYSICS (CBSE Outside Delhi) Solved Question Paper and Discussion (physicsfans.com)
- How was the CBSE Physics Exam 2012? (plustwophysics.com)
- Class 10 CBSE Science Summative Assessment II (physics.2lv.in)
- How was CBSE Science Exam for Class X? (physics.2lv.in)
- CBSE Class XI Results show sharp decline since the introduction of CCE (education2home.com)
- Mark Distribution in Physics for CBSE for 2013 Board Exam (AISSCE) (physicsfans.com)
- How was your AISSCE (CBSE) Chemistry Question Paper 2012? (chemistry.2lv.in)
- Class XI CBSE Chemistry Model Paper (education2home.com)
- BIOLOGY @ YOUR FINGERTIPS by Rahul Chawla Released at New Delhi Worls Book Fair 2012 (pmtgurumantra.wordpress.com)