Home » SCIENCE FAIR
Category Archives: SCIENCE FAIR
It aims at bringing together the like minded, the people around who like Physics. There is no compulsion that the members be studying Physics; if you are fascinated by the wonders of Physics, you can join it.
The website will publish latest discoveries and inventions as well as the developments in the scientific world. www.PhysicsFans.com is expected to grow as an online place for getting the prime information for students and public as long as it is related to Physics in some way or the other.
The contents of the site are accessible without a membership. But if you want to get benefited from the Physics Online Community and want to publish your own blogs and participate in discussions you must be a member.
Social networking is also being enabled at the site for members so that they can interact online through messages and chat.
there are sections on
- Emerging Theories in Physics
- Latest Discoveries in Physics
- Physics News
- Physics Videos
- Physics Jokes
- Biographies of Great Physicists
- Book Review Section
……………………….. and more.
The idea began with a group in Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/askphysics/, which was started as a group for all those who love Physics. The huge response received from the members of the group resulted in this website where the members will get greater freedom to express themselves freely as they can write at length, post images, videos, post to forums and more.
The site is developing some ground rules for members.
- Memberships are activated only after verification of identity.
- Members are prohibited from any kind of spamming or promotion of violence or pornography.
- The members must be active, by visiting the site quite often and participating in discussions and posting blogs etc. Members inactive for more that one month will be black listed and will be deleted if no response obtained on contacting/warning
If you like the concept and like Physics, you can join the move at http://www.physicsfans.com/user/register
Sarin John Skaria Asked:
“We know that a kidney stone is broken down by using ultrasound waves.now think about creating a machine which can produce a large no.of ultrasound waves in an instance . it will be useful for us to create a tunnel under a hill,for digging a hole in the ground rapidly.”
The science Fair/ Exhibition time is nearing.
Download the NCERT Guidelines for exhibits HERE
The main objectives of the exhibitions are :
- to provide a forum for children to pursue their natural curiosity and inventiveness to quench their thirst for creativity;
- to make children feel that science is all around us and we can gain knowledge as well as solve any problems also by relating the learning process to the physical and social environment;
- to lay emphasis on the development of science and technology as a major instrument fo r achieving goals of self-reliance and socioeconomic and socio-ecological development;
- to highlight the role of science and technology for producing good quality and environmental friendly materials for the use of society;
- to encourage children to visualize future of the nation and help them become sensitive and responsible citizens ;
- to analyze how science and technology have developed and is affected by many diverse
individuals, cultures and societies ;
- to develop critical thinking about global issues to maintain healthy and sustainable societies in
- to apply mathematics to visualize and solve problems pertaining to everyday life etc.
- to appreciate the role of science and techno logy in meeting the challenges of life such as climate
change, opening new avenues in the area of agriculture, fertiliser, food processing, biotechnology, green energy, information and communication technology, astronomy, transport,
games and sports etc.;
The Main Theme of this year is
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR CHALLENGES IN LIFE