Home » Question Bank
Category Archives: Question Bank
SESSION ENDING EXAMINATION
TIME 3 HRS
- All questions are compulsary
- There are 30 questions in total. Questions 1 to 8 carry 1 mark each. Questions 9 to 18 carry 2 marks each. Questions 19 to 27 carry 3 marks each and questions 28 to 30 carry 5 marks each.
- Use of calculators is not permitted.
******Choices are avoided as this is a question paper meant for practice ***********
1) DISTINGUISH BETWEEN FUNDAMENTAL UNITS AND DERIVED UNITS.
2) WHAT ARE THE TWO TYPES OF COLLISION? EXPLAIN THEM.
3) STATE NEWTONS FIRST LAW OF MOTION.
4) TWO EQUAL FORCES ARE ACTING AT A PIONT WITH AN ANGLE OF 60 BETWEEN THEM. IF THE RESULTANT FORCE IS EQUAL TO 20√3N. FIND THE MAGNITUDE OF EACH FORCE.
5) WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF EQUILIBIRIUM.
6) STATE THE UNIVERSAL LAW OF GRAVITATION.
7) DEFINE GRAVITATIONAL POTENTIAL.
8) WHAT IS REYNOLD’S NUMBER?
9) WHAT IS SURFACE TENTION?
10) DEFINE SIMPLE HARMONIC MOTION.
11) WHAT ARE DEGREES OF FREEDOM?
12) DEFINE SOLAR CONSTANT.
13) DEFINE POWER OF A LENS. WHAT ITS UNIT?
14) STATE TANGENT LAW.
15) WHAT IS THE DISTANE TRAVELLED BY SOUND IN AIR WHEN A TUNING FORK OF FREQUENCY 256HZ COMPLETES 25 VIBRATIONS? (THE SPEED OF SOUND IN AIR IS 343MS-I)
- WRITE ANY 5 RULES AND CONVENTIONS OF WRITING SI UNITS.
- THE HORIZONTAL RANGE OF A PROJECTILE ID 4√3 TIMES ITS MAXIMUM HEIGHT. FIND THE ANGLE OF PROJECTION.
- STATE THE LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ANGULAR MOMENTEM AND EXPLAIN IT WITH AN EXAMPLE.
- STATE KEPLER’S LAW OF PLENTARY MOTION.
- GIVE THE GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF i)DISPLACEMENT ii) VELOCITY iii) ACCELERATION OF A PARTICLE EXUCUTING SHM. MENTION THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM.
- What are the characteristics of progressive waves?
- List out any 5 postulates of kinetic theory of gases.
- State and prove parallelogram law of vectors and discuss the special cases.
- State and prove bernoulli’s theorem.
- Derive Meyer’s relation.
- Describe the working of angstrom pyrheliometer with diagram. (NOT FOR CBSE)
Max marks:50 Time:2hrs
- A glass rod rubbed with silk acquires a charge of 6×10-12 C. Calculate the number of electrons it has gained or lost. (1)
- If the magnitude of each charge becomes doubled, the separation between them is halved and the system of charges kept in a medium of=3 Calculate the force between them. (1)
- If two equal charges separated by a distance of 2m in air medium experiences a force of 0.9×1010 C, Calculate the magnitude of each charge. (1)
- Electric field intensity is 400Vm-1 at a distance of 2 m from a point charge. At what distance it will become 100 Vm-1? (1)
- What will be the force experienced by a particle of charge 2µC placed in an electric field of 10kVm-1? (1)
- What is the work done by moving 400μF charge between two points separated by a distance of 27 cm on an equipotential surface? (1)
- Calculate the number of electric lines of force from a charge 1.7708X10-6 C in air medium? (1)
- Two protons ‘A’ and ‘B’ are placed between two parallel plates having a potential difference ‘V’ as shown in the figure. Will these protons experience equal or unequal force? (1)
- Draw an equipotential surface for a point charge q> 0(1)
- The capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor is ‘C’. If 15 such capacitors are connected in series and then in parallel, what is the ratio of effective capacitance of first case to the second? (1)
- What is electric polarization ,polar and non polar molecules?( 2)
- 2) Define electrostatic induction and corona discharge. ( 2)
- Calculate the ratio of force experienced by a proton to that of the electron placed in an electric field of 4KVm-1. ( 2)
- If an electrician has three capacitors of capacitances 4µF, 7µF& 12µF. How should he connect them, So that the effective capacitance will be 10µF? ( 2)
- Define the SI unit of potential difference and charge. ( 2)
- Two charges of 20µC and -20µC are placed 20 cm apart at points A and B respectively. Compute the electric field strength at point C, 20 cm away from both A and B.(3)
- Three capacitors of capacitances 4µF, 6µF and 8µF are connected parallel to each other and the combination is connected across a battery of 25V. Calculate the charges present on each capacitor and the total charge flows from the source. (3)
- Derive an expression for the torque experienced by a dipole in an external electric field. (3)
- Obtain an expression for the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor. (3)
- Derive the relation E= (3)
- Derive an expression for the potential at a point due to dipole. Write the special cases also.(5)
- Derive an expression for ‘E’ at a point on the axial line of the dipole. (5)
- Explain with a neat diagram the principle, construction and working of a Van de Graff generator. (5)
CLASS XII – SAMPLE PAPER
Time allowed : 3 hours
Max. Marks : 70
- All questions are compulsory
- There are 30 questions in total. Questions 1 to 8 carry one mark each, 9 to 18 carry two marks each, 19 to 27 carry 3 marks each and 28 to 30 carry 5 marks each.
- There is no overall choice, but internal choices are provided. You have to attempt only one choice in full.
- Use of calculator is not permitted.
- You may use the logarithm table, if required.
1. Express dielectric constant in terms of capacitance.
2. What is magnetic susceptibility?
3. Define electromagnetic induction. (more…)
Find below the links to questions papers in Physics already available at our group of Physics websites